Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Woke up to snow! And a card

YAY, snow again, NOT!
I had to share a funny pic of my fur baby "Ruffis".  He's a chocolate lab with a bit of hound in him.  He's Buddies daddy. (The one that got hit by a truck and had his tail amputated, yep, that's the one!)  His momma was a beagle, yes folks it does happen.  Poor old girl had two litters of his pups before she went to puppy heaven. She was a strong little thing. We call them "Beagledores", half/lab - half/beagle


On to my card!  Of course, you now know why I was thinking about fur babies today.  I used this adorable image "Hershey Bath" from Sew Many Cards.  He's just too darn cute.  I paired him up with some of my papers from an old Swirlydoo's Kit and ribbon from RRR.  I made my bow and added a little blue stick pin with a heart on it.  I pushed it down under the layers so you won't get poked opening it.  I love the phrase "Oh no you didn't!", which is from Kraftin Kimmie's.  I'm NOT happy with the coloring on the barrel, but I am happy with the glazed water look.  I used my glossy accents for that and sprinkled just a touch of glitter on it.  I also distressed all the edges and inked it with Tim Holtz, Weathered Wood.  I'm really trying to use different products and colors that I'm not so comfortable with.  One day I will actually figure out shading, until then I'll keep on trying!

Challenges Entered:
Sew Many Cards - Monkey Business
My Sheri - Organic (Can't get more organic than water!)
StampIt Crazy - Loopy - Something to cheer you up
Simon Says - Animal Antics
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Critter Sketch - Distressing and Circles

 I'm trying to make a point to also decorate the insides of my card as well this year.  Nothing fancy just to finish it off.

I hope everyone stays warm!
Hugs
Jen


17 comments:

  1. I love your fur baby! So cute awesome pictures of him.

    I love, love your card. Great job as usual!! I love all the layers!

    Good job working on the inside, I always forget about that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, its so sweet.
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fur baby, and love your card too...just in a different way lol. Your glazed water effective is very...well, effective lol. Nothing wrong with your shading...we can't all be Dorcas can we...sadly lol. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing at StampitCrazy.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Jen! Love the adorable image! The water is great! I think your shading and coloring is very good! I am still working on it myself! Love your colors and the bow-makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on this Jen! And your dog is cute too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card and envelope are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me smile! Also, the pics of your dog are cute! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah . . . I love puppy pix and puppy cards! Yep, I'm trying to do better with decorating inside - you're doing a lot better than me. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love your soft gentle colours and colouring. Such an adorable image and perfect sentiment lol!!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card...love the doggie image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so funny my best friends name is Jennifer McLaughlin.
    Cute card, love the scallop circles & fab layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so beautiful and adorable too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh--that's a cute dog--and a cute card! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. brrr it's cold here today too! but thankfully no snow. love your card, such soft subtle colours and a cute image too!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog for Distressed/Circle Challenge! Good Luck! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card and I love how you used your ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries