Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mermaid Fantasy Birthday


This is my second post for today.  The Teddy Bo post is below this one

I know we all have our favorite artists and one of mine is definitely Michelle Perkett.  I love the fantasy of her images.  I'm into anything magical, butterflies and purple.  This gorgeous creation is "Butterfly Fairy Stamp".  This is an older image but she has several new ones out that are on my wishlist!  I chose to do her in yellow, orange and green because I'm tired of the snow and cold weather.  I thought this would give out some warm happy thoughts.

All items are from My Creative Scrapbook kit.  The butterflies are doubled up and stamped with Martha Stewart's punch.  I glued down one side on each to give it dimension.  The floral swirls are cut from my cricut.  I chose to back everything with black just to set it off a bit more.  These flowers are also from Flora Doodles.  They were piling up so I broke into 'em finally.  The floral swirls were cuts from my box of "extra's" that I cut and never used.  I"ve been trying to pull that out and use some stuff up.  I practiced alot of different cuts when I first got my Cricut and just put it all in a box for later instead of tossing it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget we have a new challenge at DZ Doodles this week.  You won't want to miss it.  I've seen what the team did for inspiration and it's gorgeous!  Also, a heads up there will be candy coming soon!

Thinking of all of you!
Jen

Challenges entered:
Michelle Perkett - Fantasy Fairy
Flutterbye - sketch with wings
Sassy Studio - Use it up (something from your stash)
Delicious Doodles - Use 3 colors
My Sheri - Bling


13 comments:

  1. Another beautiful colored image! I love it! Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and fairy tale like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, such beautiful colours!! I love those butterflies! Thanks for joining us at MPS and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is gorgeous. I love all the sparkle on her wings.
    Congratulations on your son's graduation.

    Thanks for swimming with the mermaids at Michelle Perkett's.

    P.S. I've missed you in the chat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card sweetie love the image really sweet, gorgeous colours and papers too, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, I love that image too. But I love all of them! Glad you joined us at MPS again. Have a great day. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is stunning! Your Butterfly Fairy is colored beautifully and I love the dp! Thank you for joining MPS this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that image is beautiful, love how you colored it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Jen, this is gorgeous! Such pretty colors and so shimmery! Beautiful butterflies and flower embellishments! Lovely! Thank you for joining us at MPS this week, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card hun.
    Thank you for playing at Delicious Doodles this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Matting everything in black IS a wonderful way to add definition to the card! I am so jealous of your Cricut - those flourishes are delish!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, I love the colours youve chosen and theyve really brightened up the winter!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Delicious Doodles.

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries