Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year with a Freebie

It's 1-1-11!  Can you believe it?  Happy Happy New Year!!!!!



I hope all of you are enjoying your holidays and that everyone had a safe and fun New Years.  I took some unexpected time off to get better and spend some time with my loving family.  November and especially December were tough for me and I really needed to just rest and get back on my feet.  I have lots of exciting stuff coming up for 2011 and can't wait to share it with all of you. 

I wanted to remind you of the challenge going on at DZ Doodles.  Most of our challenges include a freebie and this one is no different.  You still have until Thursday, January 6th to play along and grab this adorable "New Years Bear" freebie!  I was missing in action when the challenge was posted but here's a card I made with him.  Diane has added a ton of new images to the store and most of them are under $2.00.  Go check it out and I hope you'll play along!


I used my fabulous new Prisma Pencils that my wonderful husband got me for my birthday.  He explained that when he went to Michael's to buy them he was flabbergasted at the price - OOPS!  But being the sweet hubby he is he had a half off coupon and decided to get the biggest set.  When he took them to the counter to check out the girls says "Are these pencils?"  he said "yep", She says "for that price?", he says "yep".  She said "I sure hope they're MAGIC!".  We laughed and laughed when he told us that story.  I'm sure ya'll can relate.......

Have a fabulous first day of 2011 and I'll see everyone tomorrow!  I was overwhelmed with the your generosity and love that you showed me and my mailbox over my birthday and christmas and am doing a little post to share my RAK's!

Hugs - Jen

Recipe
Image - DZ Doodles
Paper - Me and My Big Ideas (another gift) along with Bazzil cardstock
Prima Gems, Swirly Cuttlebug, Colorbox Chalks for edges

Challenges Entered
Paper Playtime - New Years
Sketch and Stash - Use any sketch with a new item you got for xmas
Sassy Cheryls - Teddy Bear
Simon Says Stamp - New Years
My Sheri Crafts - New years


8 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love the colors you used. TFS and can't wait to see what ya got up your sleeve! LOL Have a wonderful weekend! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and a super sweet image:)

    Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute Jen. I am going to check the challenge out, now that I have a little more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable bear and a great card!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image, and great layout, thank you for sharing with us at Sketch and Stash this time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the image that you chose. That bear is so cute! Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this image! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I love your card sentiment. So colorful and a delight to every card lovers. Very nice work. New Year is here so let me express my happy new year greetings to you and to everyone!
    Anne Walker xoxox @
    http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries