Monday, January 24, 2011

A card for my BFF



Good Morning!  I hope you are all recovering from a fabulous weekend.  It was pretty quiet around here.  Just me and hubby and we definitely enjoyed it.  I have a card I made for my  BFF, Jocie.  I wanted to share and enter in a couple challenges before I pop it in the mail.  We've been missing each other alot lately and the phone calls just don't seem to cover the miles so I thought I'd send her a little reminder of how special she is to me.



I used most of this 12X12 paper on another card and kept cutting it to save this mannequin.  I knew I'd use it for something.  I sewed the pearl strip on to the top of the tulle and then attached it so you could still see the quality of the paper.  I hit a few of the beads (just the green ones) with glitter and made the pearl border at the bottom.  Jocie loves vintagey stuff and I know she'll love this one. 

Challenges Entered:
7Kids College Fund - Challenge myself (first time sewing on a card)
Stamp-N-Doodle - Use a dress somewhere (I created one)
Crafty Purple Frog - Distressing

Have a great week!
Jen


15 comments:

  1. Jen - you have outdone yourself with this card. It is FANTASTIC!! I love it, so elegant. Your friend is going to cherish it. So creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love it - it would really be a delight to receive!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! Love the skirt!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is totally AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous job. Thank you for joining us at Stamp-N-Doodle challenges and be sure to come back and join us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my godddd!!! THIS IS FABULOUS!!!! WOWSERS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This beautiful Jen! Love the whole vintage look, esp. the tulle! So pretty! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute Jen! Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jen this is just beautiful and your friend will just adore it the net and pearls just look amazing and the papers just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is gorgeous, Jen!! I love the paper you've used and how you've pepped it up a bit with the tulle and pearls...AWESOME!!!! I am sure you BFF Joice will LOVE it!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooohhh LOVE the dress :)))
    thanks for joinin us at TCPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Jocie is a very lucky gal, Jen! This is such a lovely card-I love the pearls and the light touch of tulle. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an elegant creation! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Such a creative way to use the mannequin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries