Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sentimental Posting


Hi everyone! I hope today ya'll doin good and enjoying something life has to offer, whatever that may be for you. It's been in the triple digits here and man with the humidity on top of that - YIKES! I've only been in Tennessee for 5 years, I'm a Seattleite at heart so this is still hard for me.

This card is something I made last month but haven't posted yet. It was for a very special man in my life. I met him about 20 years ago and his place in my heart has grown stronger every day since. He's kind and caring. He's loves my son almost as much as I do - LOL. He's been involved in everything from my graduation from high school, to my wedding and the birth of my son. He's always there for me no matter what time of day (or night) and never makes me feel guilty or remorseful if I need help. He doesn't talk alot or show his feelings alot but I know he loves me, even when he says.....Yeah.......inside secret! Did you guess who he is yet? He's also been the best grandpa you could ever ask for. My son loves him and has 17 years of happy memories of doing stuff with grandpa, going on trips and just hanging out. This special person is my father-in-law!

So here's the card I sent him for father's day. I used an image from Digital Two For Tuesday. Cora puts up new images for free almost daily and most of them are vintage and very cute. This particular image reminded me of my son's first fishing trip with gramps and his dad over at Martha Lake fishing off an old family friends dock. The difference is my son was all bundled up in a big coat and life vest. It was definitely not the sweet sunny picture, but you get the sentiment. Several of my cards are made from images from there. I hope you enjoy it. It's not for any challenges I just wanted to add it to my blog!

Happy Thursday
Hugs - Jen


5 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning card,I just love everything about it,the concept is so clever and the choice of papers and embellies is just perfect, brilliant!!!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Jen!! I just love your sweet image and your design!! Gorgeous coloring!! Stunning easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!! Gorgeous card. I suck at these kind of fold cards.... I need to practice. :) So you are from Washington? We just moved from Oregon a year ago. I miss it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is a gorgeous card. I love your coloring. You did such a great job on this and I know your father-in-law just loved it. You are very lucky to have someone like that in your life. Beautiful card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Beautiful image and coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries