Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Snowflakes in the Summer



FINALLY! I've been workin on some projects this last couple weeks and finally am able to post a card. Silly me I looked at the wrong MOJO Monday Sketch but oh well, The card is pretty anyway. So the sketch is from last week, hopefully I'll have time to do one for this week.

My card is a 5 X 5, I cut my snowflake at 3" from the Christmas Noel Cartridge. Then I ran it through my Zyron. I used Tim Holtz glimmer mists in red velvet and coffee shop. The picture doesn't do it justice how pretty the colors are and how sparkly! When that was dry I attached the gold pearls using my NEW I-Rock. Then I followed sketch using paper from the Cosmo Cricket Wonderland paper pad. The sentiments on the outside and inside were both from the paper pad as well.

Now I just want to say that I ordered my I-Rock and it didn't work. I contacted the company I bought it from and I'm happy to say that Imaginesce sent me out a replacement right away. The first two times I used it it worked. Then it stopped heating up. Thank goodness I hadn't thrown out the other one because I was able to replace the heat core from the one that wouldn't turn on. So now (at least for the time being) I have a working I-Rock tool. Has anybody else ran across this problem? I'm gonna contact Imaginesce and let them know. I enjoy using it I'm just very disappointed in the workmanship of it.

Ok, enough on that. I'm off to make salsa shortly. Our first ripe tomatoes are ready in the garden which means it back to canning!! I just finished 8 cases of Kosher Dill Pickles and two cases of Sweet Pickle Relish. It's hard work but so rewarding! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Cricut Cardz #32 - Christmas Card with your Cricut

Squigglefly #57 - Christmas Card

Rosie D's #75 - Use Burgundy, Pink and Cream

Hugs - Ms. Jen


9 comments:

  1. What a unique, awesome creation! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Squigglefly!!

    I agree home canning is a lot of work ... but so worth it!!! A little early for fresh veggies here in N.E. Ohio but I'm certainly looking forward to them!! You made my mouth water just reading what you already have put up!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card , Great Job
    Patty

    You're invited to visit my blog
    http://dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you offset the sentiment on this pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful summer Christmas card! Love it inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty of a card!! Hey-guess what? You won my CC&M Blog Hop Give Away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Beautiful card....love the papers...Thank you for your visit and lovely comment....
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous, Jen:O) Lovely work!
    Thank you for joining Squigglefly, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project!
    Thanks for sharing this with us
    at Rosie D's;-))Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries