Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hodge Podge Shop Christmas Birthday Challenge!



Welcome to this weeks challenge. We are so very happy that you could drop in today and we can't wait to see what you are going to create! This challenge was sent down from our wonderful Shelley who's inspiration came from the fact that it is her sisters birthday this month!!! And it's my birthday this month too!  So, with that in mind I decided to create some beautiful flowers.  My birthday is Christmas Eve so I know how hard it is to get a christmas card for your birthday! LOL  I used Hodge Podge's new image "Wildflower" to create my card.  I cut the flower out 2 additional times to give it some more dimension.  I also used Opal shimmers and Ba Da Bling shimmer mist to really give it some sparkle!  I really love the look of pink and purple together.  The centers of the flowers were hit with a bit of glossy accents and I added that beautiful butterfly fluttering through the flowers.  I also decided to do some doodling to bring the darkness from the image together with the papers.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card.  I can't wait to see what you come up with for your Christmas Birthday Card!  Oh and by the way I don't allow my family to do anything for christmas on Christmas Eve they have to wait till midnight when my birthday is over! Ha ha ha  It doesn't always work but I sure try!


Stop in tomorrow for my announcement of the blog candy winner!  I was delayed because of Buddy's surgery and I apologize for that.  I'm excited to see who it is too.

Recipe:
Image - The Hodge Podge Shop
Paper - Paperbilities
Shimmer Mist - "Hot Pink Mama" by memories2embellish.com
Shimmers - Opal
Prisma pencils to color

Challenges Entered:
The Hodge Podge Shop - Christmas Birthday
MOJO Monday - Sketch


Hugs - Jen


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, so elegant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really elegant, love the flowers and the cute butterfly!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries