Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shower

It's almost Friday! Yay.  Well,  batteries in my camera just died so I guess my day went from bad to worse!  The rest of my posts will have to wait until tomorrow now.  I'm afraid this picture isn't the greatest but at least I can get it up today and then fix the pciture later.  I have a digi image from Belles and Whistles today.  I can't even remember where I got it, I think it was CDAC or PCP, one of those.  Anyway, it's so beautiful.  I had these great papers from Basic Grey to work with.  At first I thought I'd make a birthday card but by the time it got done it definitely looks more like a shower card.  I used the excess scraps to make those flowers.  I had a couple yellow ones in my stash but they were too bright so I used my alabaster chalks to lighten them up just a bit.  I hit the bows and edges of the flowers with some stickles, just enough to give it a little sparkle.  The sketch I followed is from Friday Sketchers.  I seem to always get that in at the last minute, oh well.

Have a great day and I'll be back in the morning with some batteries.  And don't forget to hop over to the Hodge Podge and join in the challenge there!  There's some yummy stuff coming up so make sure your following it so you don't miss out.

Hugs - Jen
Challenges entered:
Friday Sketchers - sketch
Colour Create - Color scheme
Simon says stamp and show - recipe


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! Love the colors..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Love the colors.
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweetheart of a card, its adorable.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww..cute card!
    happy crafting!

    ciao bella!

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab image in great colours, love the papers too big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING that image!! And the colours on your card are incredible - so soft and transluscent - yum!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jen! I love the papers.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! What a great card!
    Thank you so much for joining the Colour Create Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries