Monday, October 25, 2010

Please Pray!

I have a special post today.  We found out over the weekend that our grandmother has been diagnosed with cancer and is going in for surgery in a week.  If you are the praying type I'd ask that you include her in your prayers.  Her name is Dorothy and she can use all the prayers she can get.  She is a strong and courageous woman and always carries her head high and she will through this too.  She worked two and sometimes three jobs as she raised her 5 children, one of which was handicapped.  She lost her husband, our grandfather, several years back.  She still gets out and walks everyday, does aerobics and volunteers for anything she can get her hands on.  She's headstrong and proud and we love her!  Because of her I have my husband and family today. 

I've made this card to send to her in hopes that it brightens up her day and reminds her how much she is loved.  The inside reads "In the ever-changing circumstances of life, there is a faithful never changing God in control."

Meljens Image: Hope Ribbon
Basic Grey Paper

Thanks to all that stop by.
Jen

Challenges entered:
Meljens - Anything goes
Southern Girls - Glitter
Wild Orchid - Pastels
Stamping Sisters in Christ - Pink, Cancer Awareness


12 comments:

  1. Hi, what a beautiful card. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, i hope she can win the fight. And i wish you and you family all the best.
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am sorry to hear the bad news. She sounds like an amazing lady, I will keep her in my thoughts. i'm sure this beautiful card will brighten her day.
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear the news about your grandma. I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!! Your card is just beautiful and I know that she will love it especially since you created it!!

    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenn...I am so sorry about the bad news. She sounds like an amazing grandmother. My prayers are with her.

    Love the card you created for her. She will love it!! This fits the Stampin sisters in Christ challenge too (pink and a pink ribbon)

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great love your choice of image and colours, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, elegant card!! Your grandmother will LOVE it, good inspiration for her to fight the good fight. I so sorry to hear about her cancer. It really does effect a lot of families. I totally believe in the power of prayer, the more the better. She will be in my prayers, stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jen - what a gorgeous card for Sosothy - God bless herm she is in my thoughts and prayers!! Your card is lovely it has a lovely softness! I am loving this! Thanks you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters n Christ Challenge this week - we love to see your cards and appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blessed to have such a wonderful grandmother, I will pray for her.

    This is a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in the Anything Goes Challenge at Meljen's Designs!

    Your Grandmother is in my prayers. Stay strong and God bless!

    Dianna, DT Member @ Meljen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen, I hope Dorothy recovers quickly and beats the cancer. Gorgeous card, love all the shiny bits. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jen I'm so sorry to hear this news about your Grandmother! Will pray for her and she certainly sounds like a treasure!!! Your card is beautiful and so full of meaning! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful, pretty card and I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm sure she'll get through it, I'll be thinking of her. Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls. Hugs, Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries