Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dear Santa.....


Well, it looks like I'm starting to get my MOJO back. All week I've been trying to work on projects and they just wouldn't come together. Finally tonight I sat down and it just worked. This card is actually much prettier in person. I just couldn't get my camera to get a good shot. My hubby bought it for me just over 5 years ago when digitals were first coming out and it was a great one then. But now I'm finding that without flash or a tripod I just can't get a good clear image. Argh.......


I used my new Squigglefly image which I won on a challenge over there. It's done by a new artist, Marla Shega, it's called "Kris Kringle". She has several others and they're all just as fantastic. You can check them out here. Because it's already shaded you could use it without adding color. I actually liked adding some color to it. Like I said it's much brighter in person. I used papers from my September Swirlydoo's Kit. All of the embellishments were from Swirly kits as well. The sentiment tag is a stamp from Image Tree I got in a blog candy I won early this year from Sabrina. It just keeps on giving! The bow was made with my bow easy. I followed the sketch at Squigglefly on Papercraft Planet. The other challenges I've entered are listed at the bottom of this post.


I really enjoy this "old" style santa's and I hope you enjoy this card too. Have a great night and a fantastic weekend and thanks for stoppin by!


Hugs - Jen


Challenges entered:


Squigglefly at PCP - Follow sketch with a twist


Wild Orchid - Ribbons and Bows

A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes

Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes


11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty.. Love the image and the flowers.. Very lovely work..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is still very pretty! I hear ya about the camera thing tho! Grrrr a certain someone (not me) left my camera out in the rain all night on the deck by mistake... It has never worked right since. I can rarely get the flash to go off, and am just ready to toss it and get a new one! I better start sellin some stamps huh? haha

    Again, beautiful card! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks fab! Glad that you're finding your mojo again! :O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful card Jen! Such a gorgeous Christmas card...it's fantastic! Those flowers are so beautiful too!!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted you have started to sneak back to mojo-land again. Beautiful result and I love that very vintage image!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I love this. I love the coloring you added to the image. The pearls are the pefect touch for this old time santa. Your mojo is definitely back. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ! Good luck with the challenges! Thanks for checking us out over at SerentityScrappers.blogspot.com. I heard your going to be part of our swap. I'm very excited considering looking through your blog..u have got GREAT talent. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Miss Jen what a beautiful card. I just love the old fashioned St. Nick's!
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Santa Claus card is amazing. I love any vintage santa, and did this one proud! Great job! It's great to get your mojo back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card and those flowers are fab! Thanks for playing along with our SFTW challenge and good luck! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you've got your mojo back, it's hard at first but if you make about 3 cards on the trot, it's surprising what happens. Thank you for joining us at SFTW for this weeks challenge.

    Hugs

    Joanne (keep on creating)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries