Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DT Call Entry for Southern Girls!



This is definitely a first for me! When I first saw Southern Girls I thought it was for the southern states. Oops, nope!! LOL Oh well, I decided to try out anyway. I'm not on any DT's, nor have I ever been. I only started blogging almost a year ago and putting my creations online. I've been crafting and creating for most of my life. My fav's are scrapbooking and jewelery. So fun, rewarding and relaxing. Unless your under the gun for a challenge that is! tee hee I've met some amazing people online and am so looking forward to the holiday season and next year. I'm not sure what my style is yet. That's definitely a work in progress, but I have made leaps and bounds over the year. So thank you for looking at my project.



I saw this image somewhere in blogland.....just kidding....it's from Make It Crafty. I love anything whimsy and magical especially if it has wings!! So when I saw this cute little "Mushroom House" image I knew I had to color it. I received my first ever order from Really Reasonable Ribbons and they had included a sample of those vines which was perfect. My double bow was also from there and I used my bow easy to make those. The paper is from K&Company's Scrap Pad and it's distressed with Tim Holtz ink. I added some sparkly jewels made by Creative Charms. (I apologize I noticed one of the jewels still showed the wet glue....oopsy)

So there it is! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs - Jen

Challenges Entered:

Lollipop Crafts - Ribbons and Buttons
Wild Orchid - Sparkle


8 comments:

  1. Love this card, Jen!! Good luck with the DT, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout and I love the vine ribbon you used! It ties in perfect with the Mushroom House! (I just found their images as well and had fun coloring the Slimy House for an upcoming challenge! Shhh, it's a secret for now!) Thanks for joining us over at Lollipop Crafts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous hun i love the cute image and your colours are just perfect, big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Jen, love the colours and the sparkle and that lovely ribbon!! Gorgeous card!!
    ((Lyn))
    ps...cats always seem to find the sticky dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment Jen, I really appreciate it. Love this beautiful card, that mushroom home is so adorable, not suprised you had to colour it and you've done it so beautifully. Fantastic details especially that double bow.
    Good luck with the DT call.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen!! This is so cute! I love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! THanks for joining the Lollipop Craft challenge. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know you were here. I love to read my comments and check them often.

Peace and Love - Jen

Copyright

All content (including all text, photos and design work) is © Jen McLaughlin. My artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and is not to be copied for publication, sale or any contest submission without prior written consent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The "Lazy" Mac Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries